Sunday Services @ 8:30 & 10:45 AM
Sunday Services @ 8:30 & 10:45 AM
HOLY WEEK @ AFCON!
Good Friday – On this day at 6:00 PM we will remember the passion/suffering of our Lord to secure our salvation. We will have Communion/Eucharist together. All are welcome as you do not have to be a member of the Church of the Nazarene to participate in this very meaningful service…Every attendee will receive a free cross made of Olive wood from Israel. The communion will be served with easy to open self-contained communion cups and bread.
Saturday Morning – Drive-through celebration for KIDS at 10 AM! We are giving away 250 Gilbert Chocolate bars for free to every child that simply drives through the church car port! Also, we are giving free Bibles that are age appropriate to whoever would like one! Very simple celebration that is 100% safe and exciting for the kids!
Saturday Evening – Drive in Easter Church service at 6 PM in the church parking lot! For those who are not ready to attend a large worship service or are not vaccinated, but have a strong desire to celebrate Easter…HERE IT IS! You can stay in your cars and listen on your radio as we celebrate the Risen Savior! It gets better! We will give a Gilbert’s chocolate cross to everyone who attends!
Easter Sunday Morning – First service is at 8:30 AM and will be a great celebration of our Lord’s Resurrection. It is very socially distanced! And we will be singing the great old songs and hymns of the Faith. And we will give a free Gilberts chocolate cross at this service too to each attendee.
-The second service will be at 10:45 AM and will be a tremendous celebration of our Lord’s Resurrection! We will also have Easter baskets for every child & a Gilberts chocolate cross for every attendee! We will have baptisms as well, which symbolize being resurrected with Christ! If you wish to be baptized, please contact the church at our email: email@example.com
There is no better time to place your faith in the Lord or renew your commitment to Him, His Word and His ways!
All services will be broadcast on Facebook Live and YouTube.
There are four services that are available this weekend at AFCON:
Cancelled this week: Drive In Service
Saturday nights @ 6:00pm
Three In-door Services
8:30 AM - This service is mandatory masks with the service primarily for seniors and immune compromised people.
10:45 AM - Contemporary service and we are asking that you maintain social distancing andrespect for personal space.
6:00PM - Evening service is focused for the teens but all are welcome.
Each service is open to any and all persons. But each service will have an emphasis.
Our safety protocols for each service:
1. The first service would be for the elderly (say 60'ish and above) and the immune compromised. In this service, masks, social distancing, and precautions are mandatory. There will be no nursery or children's church. Seating will be every other pew. And the folks you drove in with will be the folks you sit with. Dismissal will be by pew via ushers, like we do for Good Friday service. The first service would be more traditional, as we do now. The music would be hymns and piano.
2. The second service will also exercise restraint. We also have pre-school and Jr church. Worship would be the band and more contemporary. We also use every other pew for sitting.
In all the services the practice is as follows.
3. No greeters. The temptation to shake hands and hug necks, just too high.
4. We clean every door knob and surface in between services. We will have to have designated cleaners. I have held Lysol wipes in reserve for "such a time as this" for our church body.
5. No offering plate passing. We encourage online giving and there will be our offering box on a table in the foyer.with a designated watchful eye on it.
6. No greeting time or passing the peace in the services until further notice.
7. Doors will remain open where ever possible which encourages a lack of touching surfaces.
8. Even outside doors will remain open to facilitate fresh air exchange. This will give fresh air and give folks less of a confined feeling.
9. We have hand sanitation stations, free masks, and free gloves throughout the church and foyer.
10. Socializing should be done outside while social distancing.
11. Any and all of the above are subject to change.
12. Finally, and this is very important, we do not engage in political rhetoric, disparaging remarks or even demeaning looks. We place the emphasis on unity, acceptance and the Bond of Christ. The Bible says, "Honor one another above yourselves." That is what Christians are supposed to do.