Part 3 The Power of Prayer
1. Paul frequently exhorted Christians to be diligent in their prayers...
a. "praying always with all prayer and supplication..." - Eph 6:18
b. Continue earnestly in prayer, being vigilant in it with thanksgiving Col. 4:2
c. Pray without ceasing - 1 Thes 5:17
[If we have become slack in our prayers, might that be an indication that we do not appreciate "The Power Of Prayer"? Have we forgotten what a privilege it is to pray? Consider then, some...]
I. EXAMPLES OF THE POWER OF PRAYER
A. THERE IS PEACE FROM GOD...
1. The antidote to anxiety is to pray - Phil 4:6
2. The Christian will find their hearts and minds guarded by the peace of God - Phil 4:7
B. THERE IS STRENGTH FROM GOD...
1. Paul prayed that the Ephesians might be strengthened in the inner man - Eph 3:14-16,20
C. THERE IS OPPORTUNITY FROM GOD...
1. Paul realized that God provided him opportunity to teach others 1 Cor 3:5
2. He knew that the Lord often opened doors for such opportunities - 1 Cor 16:9; 2 Cor 2:12
3. He therefore requested prayer that such opportunities would continue - Col 4:3
D. THERE IS BOLDNESS FROM GOD...
1. When Paul needed boldness, he asked for prayers in his behalf Eph 6:19-20
E. THERE IS WISDOM FROM GOD...
1. Wisdom is not knowledge, but insight that makes the best use of the knowledge one has: Eph 1:8-9
2. The Christian is promised wisdom through prayer Eph 1:16-18
F. THERE IS TRANQUILITY FROM GOD...
1. We are commanded to pray for our rulers, that we may lead a quiet and peaceable life - 1 Tim 2:1-4
2. Removes anxiety Phil 4:6-7